Monday, March 14, 2011

Settling the Settlers - The People of Catan

So remember way back to my post about sheep and the HO scale? If not, there's an entire miniature collection that's called the HO scale. (Hilarious, I know!) It's popular amongst the model train crowd. So in addition to my HO sheep, I wanted to add some people to take care of the sheep, and participate in various other resource related activities. So I went and bought some HO people...and now they are settling Catan. Since I made my model resources for the blog first, I was able to incorporate the people into some of the other hexes. You may recall me mentioning that they have HO people in some R rated situations.  I haven't added those...yet.  I'm really tempted.  I think it would be a good laugh every time I laid the board out. Get it?  Laid?  Hahaha...I really shouldn't use this blog as a forum for my terrible sense of humour.

Anyways, here are some of the other resources with the HO people. These are all the Preiser figurines, but I think the naughty ones are Noch.

Lumberjack HO figurine on the lumber/wood resource
   


Moving bricks around on the brick resource

Harvesting the wheat on the grain resource
 

Shepherd watching over his flock on the wool/sheep resource


Harvesting ore from the ore resource



1 comment:

  1. How big are your hexes? I had thought to get some really small scale miniatures (the kind that miniature wargame players might use), but even they were a bit big for my tiles, which are 75mm diameter. I picked my tile size partly to match the smaller size of the Settlers of America Trails and Rails game.

    If someone exclaims, "wow, that's attention to detail", I'll point them to your site. ;)

    ReplyDelete